Monday, November 29, 2004

But do I get my money back?

A few months back, I mailed certified letters to both my state representative and state senator requesting both their help in introducing a joint resolution calling for an investigation of my charges by the FDLE. The USPS verified that Rep. Brown did receive my letter; however, there was some problem with the USPS verifying delivery of my letter to Sen. Peaden. This Honorable didn't help matters any because he wouldn't reply to any of my inquiries. For that matter, neither did Rep. Brown, but at least he acknowledged receiving my letter.

The USPS advised that I file a form requesting a trace to locate this "lost" letter, which I did. After a few months, I checked with the USPS and they told me to check with the Postal Inspectors, which I did a number of times. When I complained to the USPS that the Postal Inspectors haven't replied to any of my inquiries regarding my "lost" letter, the USPS told me that the Postal Inspectors don't always reply. My question as a USPS customer is: Do I at least get my money back? Maybe our mail isn't as sacrosanct as we're lead to believe. I thought that it was just the commies and other dictators that read and tampered with mail. Could this happen in the good ol' USA?