Saturday, January 22, 2005

ACLU Forums connection refused again

I've been having trouble with internet connections and email for sometime. However, I usually was at least allowed to access websites, although I had problems with some forums. Recently, I've experienced difficulty connecting to the ACLU website, but dismissed it as heavy traffic. However, I always eventually managed to access the ACLU website and even post to their forums messageboard. That changed recently. I've tried to access ACLU's "Forums" numerous times this morning and each time the following message appeared:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact forums.aclu.org."

I realize, of course, that there are many logical reasonable explanations other than someone doesn't want me to access the forums or there's some "conspiracy" to deny me my First Amendment rights. I'll try again later this evening. If this problem persists for the next day or two,however, I will become suspicious. Who knows? Someone might be attempting to intercept my transmissions to this website.